- One interest rate
- All of the loans included in the consolidation will be serviced by one Federal servicer of your choosing
- Consolidation may extend the terms or months to repay the debt. The terms are dependent on the amount of student loan debt included in the consolidation. Extended terms can potentially lower your monthly payment.
- Direct Consolidation loans are eligible for additional repayment options
- Expanded loan forgiveness options
- No origination fees
How to Apply
If you are interested in consolidating your loans, you may apply online at StudentLoans.Gov.
The Department of Education has assigned Navient to originate and process all new consolidation loans for NFP’s (Not-For-Profits). After submitting your application, Navient will begin the origination process. Please be advised, this process can take anywhere from 30 – 90 days to complete. We recommend you contact us to place a hold on your account once you’ve applied with Navient.
If you have questions regarding the status of your application, you will need to contact Navient directly through one of the methods below:
- Email: ED_Consolidation_Orig@navient.com
- Fax: (866) 233-8899
- Phone: (800) 722-1300
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 8 am – 9 pm ET and Friday 8 am – 8 pm ET
Once your consolidation loan has been originated, it will be transferred to the servicer of your choice. For additional information regarding consolidation, please visit StudentAid.gov.